Twitter is an amazing space, not just for news junkies and celebrity stalkers, but for people like us who enjoy learning the best ways to communicate using a predetermined amount of characters. Having such a focused means of communication, really makes you think about what you’re going to say and the best way to say it. In many ways, it’s a lot like poetry, with plenty of thought and meaning, but where every word carries it’s weight in gold.
The Top 5 Benefits of Twitter for Social Media Marketing:
- Demands Focus. It makes you really focus on what you want to say. With less than 200 characters to work with, there’s no room to go on tangents.
- Broadens Audience. Your message can be read anywhere in the world. This means that your audience can double, triple and even multiply astronomically in a very short amount of time.
- Promotes Networking. Connecting with other businesses in your field is just as important as reaching out to potential clients. Seeing what others in your industry are doing or talking about can help you determine what works and what doesn’t.
- Inspires Learning. There is so much that entrepreneurs need to know, not only when starting a business, but when running one, as well. Twitter provides the one stop shop kind of atmosphere that allows for an infinite amount of knowledge and information to be passed through and processed very quickly.
- Works Fast. It used to take days, months and even years for information to reach across long distances. Now, it takes mere seconds. The power in that is awesome, but it can also be quite overwhelming and scary. To think that anything you put out on Twitter can be read by any number of people in mere seconds can either put your business at the top, or just as easily, bring it down.
Twitter is a tool, just like your smart phone, computer and even the desk your sitting at and your favorite chair you like to recline in. It’s in knowing how to use these tools efficiently and effectively that makes them an important and powerful aspect in your social media marketing plan.